Wednesday, July 28, 2010

SEASIDE 2010

I apologize to my sisters that I haven't created a blog post in over 3 months ... it's probably been longer. You know the crazy my life has endured these past months. But now I feel strong and healthy again and life is getting back to being fun. There is so much to update about, but I figured there will just have to be numerous back posting, so bear with me.

But the funnest thing we've done lately was going to Seaside with my parents, sisters, bro-in-law, and some aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents.

Here's Elli in her car seat ready to go, can you see her excitement?

Here's Elli up on Daddy's shoulders. And there's actually a little blue sky! It was a rare sight while we were there.



I love this expression. The water was COOLLLLDDD!!!



Andrea and UNCLE DAVE!!! We were so happy to see them. They live in CA and it's been months. They brought Elli a talking Elmo doll for her birthday so they easily won a place in her heart :)
Tossin' the ball around on the beach on a during a cloudy morning beach walk:
Aunt Bev getting in on the action:

Elli wanting to join the fun:



This is Elli's Lifeguard sweatshirt that she got last year. It fit a little better this year.
Her favorite person to hold hands with:


David continues to wear this ridiculous "i (heart) hot moms" t-shirt:
I love this picture:

And of course here's our sand castle - naturally it had to be bigger than anyone else's on the beach. But it just so happened to be the only one on the beach that day. But still - it was the biggest!



Elli did well as making sure nothing dried out:
Elli is standing in the moat but you can see the castle is twice her size. We had a lot of visitors come over to watch and comment. Even the police SUV patrolling by stopped and complimented our masterpiece.

The moat filling

Ofcourse with a Fanning-made sand castle, weapon and security enforcement precautions were taken:
Slowly breaking down...
After almost 45 minutes of waiting for the tide to take our masterpiece, we eventually all piled on and took care of it ourselves.
Elli got this Elmo baseball hat, batman PJs, and plastic sheriff revolvers with accompanying holster for her birthday - this is what it added up to:
Ryan was eager to play dead with Elli :)
Here are some fun video clips of our trip!

More to come....

1 comment:

The Blackners said...

That looked so fun!!! sorry we missed it ): I really like your hair corine!! and eli is so cute!! and dave should keep wearing his "i heart hot moms" shirt!!