Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fashionista

Okay, so it's been a while now that Elli has quite a strong opinion in her fashion. She rarely lets me dress her in something coordinating that I've bought her. She always has to be wearing a dress or a skirt. The most recent time that I tried to get her to leave the house without a skirt over her pants, she stood outside by the front door covering her "pelvic" region as if she felt naked, crying saying she needs her dress. And I also have to ask her opinion before I even buy something because if she says she doesn't like it in the store, I've learned the expensive lesson that they is no convincing her to wear it once we get home.

Some of these pictures are dating back to November, but here's a portfolio of little Miss Fashionista:


For random reasons, Elli feels the need to be a superhero while she watches TV.

Check out the footies in the high heels:
Can't wait til her hair grows out so it'll stop doing this:

I swear she picked this outfit... including the pink hippy head band.

My sister-in-law, Melanie is the awesomest party thrower and since she now has a hubby and two boys, I guess she needed a little estrogen around the house. So she hosted a princess tea party. She can totally put together an awesome "table-scape" as Sarah Lee would say it. It was so cute and Elli felt just like a real princess.

Yummy!
Elli and Maddie

Every time Elli would take a sip of her hot chocolate, she would say "mmmmm" really loudly and every time someone would comment to her about being Snow White, she'd reply "whistle while you work".
There was a princess make-up table with all sorts of make up and glitter and jewelry and tiaras. Here's Elli's makeover performed by Kinz:
Elli insists on wearing her princess outfits often, so here we are at the Sportsman Show at the Puyallup Fair and she is Snow White.
I wanted to postpone the whole "Barbie" phase until Elli was a little older, but she came back from the store with Daddy with this.
She couldn't wait to get on her Sleeping Beauty dress to match her Sleeping Beauty ballerina. The good thing is that the leotard is painted on so at least we won't have naked Barbie dolls laying around..... yet.

Elli in new her pink sunglasses.
I just took these today and YES there is sunshine outside!! David felt like getting some yard work done so Elli of coarse loves to assist daddy is whatever he's doing (even though she's being calling him David all week). She went outside looking like a little diva rock star.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that she has to be a super hero to watch tv. She is super cute! I can't wait for the princess dresses.

herb39michiko said...

貴方の娘は凄く可愛い! 素敵な娘で家族は皆幸せそうですね^^