Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Birthdays and cupcakes

This last week was my dad's birthday and I was also throwing a baby shower for a friend at work. So Mel and I got together to make cupcakes. Mel is the one who is really the cake master, I'm just like her apprentice.
Here's the cupcakes for the baby shower. The theme was rubber duckies and pink. The flowers are made of fondant.



Here are the sweet cupcakes that Mel made and I slightly assisted with. We've been on a sci-fi kick ever since we went through the science fiction museum (the one next to the EMP).
Notice the lovely placement of the candle:
Dad smiling for the camera, Elli glaring at the cupcakes:
Elli amazed by the "fire".


"Are you sure I'm allowed to eat this?"

"OKAY! If you say so!"

"Wow! This is really good, do you want some?"

This face cracks me up, especially with her morning hair-do.

"Peek-a-boo"



These are Elli's favorite pajamas because they have dogs of them. She always says "ruff ruff" when I start putting them on. Sometimes I'll find her sitting just playing with the dogs on her belly legs.



No comments: