Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our family begins...


Little Miss Elliana Gayle joined our family on July 18th. It's a little weird being a "family" now. The whole "mom" thing was a little hard getting used to. I think I went thru a few days of just shock then a few days of the baby blues, but now things seem to be falling into place. She is absolutely beautiful. Even passing strangers in the grocery store (that of coarse have to stop and look) don't say "she's so cute" - they all use the word 'beautiful.' She has a variety of facial expressions, especially when she sleeps. And when she wakes up, she has to do at least 5 minutes of stretching before she's alert. The stretching is also accompanied by a series of grunts. I say she learned those from her father. Speaking of her father, David has been the best new daddy. He gets up with almost every feeding during the night - I'll feed her then he'll take her, burp her, change her diaper, then put her back down. She's becoming a good sleeper, I'm afraid of letting her go more than four hours without a feeding. So that only means getting up twice a night, a huge improvement from 5 times a night when we first brought her home.


Here she is - all 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 inches of cuteness!







Here's Grandpa and Grandma Fanning!!

Here's Grandpa and Grandma Roberts!!


Preston and Maddie meeting their new cousin. And yes, David's shirt does say "I love hot moms." The nurses liked that one.










Exhausted mom and proud dad.










Ellie hopes she'll take on her aunt's good looks!














Always wonder what she's dreaming about...


















My daughter was born with a mohawk!!










Absolutely beautiful.
More Elliana updates to come...

2 comments:

melinda fanning said...

i miss her already i cant wait till Thursday :)

Stephanie said...

She really is adorable. The pictures are so cute of her and I'm glad she's doing good with feeding during the night. Congratulations, you and Dave are going to be such great parents!